This activity can be used to send keystrokes in a control field that accepts text.
- Identifier: indicate a new UI element, or select from the already defined list of selectors. TAP into our unique UI Browser).
- Value: a string variable, or a string value to be input in the identifier.
- Delay between keystrokes: milliseconds between each keystroke.
- Interaction Method:
- Input_Symulation: Will simulate mouse/keyboard actions for interaction with various controls.
- Low_Level: Will trigger/act on controls using low-level API calls, such as SendMessage API.
- Clear Field: enable/disable the cleanup of a field before the input of text:
- Hit Return:
- True: press Enter after the text is typed
- False: do not press Enter after the text is typed
- Display Name: action display name in your implementation project
- Wait Before: number milliseconds robot to wait before executing the action.
- Wait After: number milliseconds robot to wait until moving to the next action.
- Abort on Error: True/False
- Retry Times: Specifies the number of times to retry an action if it doesn't end successfully. Default value 0 (no retry); Use -1 if you want to retry indefinitely.
- Fill in a master data form
- Write an email body
- Fill in credentials
In this example, the robot will type inside a notepad document.
Watch the robot in action:
You can see how the Type Text activity is used in an example that incorporates multiple activities. You can check and download the example from here:
Type Text sample project
The article doesn't fully answer your question, or you want to find out more? Ask your question in the comments, on our community forum, or contact our support team or your account manager. Whatever works for you, your question will find its answer soon!